Ahmaud Arbery, born on May 8, 1996, tragically lost his life in Brunswick, Georgia when he was fatally shot. The incident involved two individuals of Caucasian descent. Currently, an investigation is underway to uncover the facts surrounding this case. Recently, a video was released, which captures the moment when two armed men approached Ahmaud Arbery as he was jogging in the area.
Travis McMichael and Gregory McMichael, a son and father duo, have been implicated in this incident. The McMichaels claim that they identified Ahmaud as one of the individuals in a burglary video. However, Arbery’s parents vehemently deny any involvement in such criminal activities. The public perception of this incident is increasingly being viewed through the lens of racism.
At the location of the incident, an individual captured a video using their mobile phone, which is currently accessible on the internet. The footage depicts Arbery engaged in a jog before being confronted by two Caucasian men who subsequently obstruct his path.
Travis and another individual engaged in a heated altercation, resulting in Travis using a firearm and inflicting a gunshot wound. The incident was reported to 911, prompting the police to swiftly respond to the scene. Upon arrival, the police found the wounded person in a critical condition, and tragically, he succumbed to his injuries shortly after the officers’ arrival.
“The series of events captured in this video confirm what all the evidence indicated prior to its release— Ahmaud Arbery was pursued by three white men that targeted him solely because of his race and murdered him without justification. This is murder.” pic.twitter.com/v4TAs0RjO7
— Lee Merritt (@MerrittForTexas) May 5, 2020
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
Ahmaud Arbery was born on May 8, 1996, in Brunswick, Georgia. As of 2020, he was 24 years old and belonged to an African-American family. According to those who knew him, Ahmaud Arbery was described as a positive and sociable individual.
In 2014, he successfully completed his high school graduation from a local school and concluded his studies. He then pursued his undergraduate studies, which he accomplished in 2018. Tragically, his untimely demise has left his father, Marcus Arber, deeply distraught. Marcus expressed his profound grief, emphasizing his lack of knowledge about the incident other than the fact that his son was brutally murdered. Wanda Cooper, his mother, adamantly affirmed that her son was never involved in any form of theft and met his unfortunate fate while simply out for a jog, victimized by unknown assailants.
Why it is taking time to decide about the trial?
During an interview with a news channel, attorney Lee Merritt, representing Ahmaud Arbery, discussed the various factors contributing to the delay in reaching a decision on the matter.
There are two primary reasons for this. Firstly, the closure of Georgia’s courts has been extended until June 12th due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This is in line with the lockdown orders implemented throughout the United States. Secondly, Gregory Michael, the father of Travis (Shooter), was present at the scene of the incident and has previously worked as an investigator with the district attorney. Lee mentioned that he has a supportive network of friends who are assisting him in this matter.
Limited information exists about his personal life, but according to Celebrityhat.in, he remained unmarried. Although the name of his partner is currently unknown, reports suggest that he was involved in a romantic relationship with a woman. In addition to this, he was widely recognized for his courteous demeanor and was known to prioritize his health and well-being, displaying a strong enthusiasm for maintaining a fit lifestyle.
Following his untimely demise, an Instagram page bearing his name has emerged, attracting over 5,000 followers thus far. This development has sparked a wave of indignation among the Black community, fueling concerns that they remain vulnerable to threats from individuals of Caucasian descent and that their hard-fought freedoms are at risk.
|Real Full Birth Name
|Age (As of 2019)
|24 years old.
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday
|8 May 1996.
|February 23, 2020
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)
|Feet & Inches: 6′.
Meters: 1.82 m.
Centimeters: 182.9 cm.
|Pounds: 176.37 lbs.
Kilograms: 80 Kg.
|Father: Marcus Arber.
Mother: Wanda Cooper.
|Instagram: ahmaudarberyy (5.5 k followers).
|Local high school.
|Net worth (As in 2020)
|7 May 2020 (©️ Copyright – Celebrityhat.in)
- Eva Murry Wiki, Age Height, (Joe Biden’s Accuser) Biography, Family & Facts
- Who is Munya Chawawa? Wiki, Height, Age, Biography, Wife, Race, Net worth, Parents & More
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ahmaud Arbery
- The famous basketball player LeBron James posted an image of Ahmaud Arbery on 6 May 2020.
- On James’ post famous rapper Snoop Dog commented “Thank u king for standing up for our people. No justice no peace”.
- Travis and Gregory were carrying a shotgun and .357 magnum handgun respectively.
- Sources unearthed that Ahmaud has involved in offenses like shoplifting but nothing much.
- It also came to hear that Arbery was suffering from mental illness.
- McMichaels said that they brought guns because were suspecting he has a gun in his pocket too but when police investigated they found nothing.
- Now the Gregory and his son defended themselves by saying that they were acting according to the citizen arresting statute.
- As we said earlier Gregory has worked as an investigator this is why the DA of the local district sent this case to another DA but the second DA also forwarded to another to avoid conflict of interest.
- He loved to play basketball and sometimes on his way to jog he used to stop at his high school to play with younger kids.