EJ Smith, an American football player born on May 15, 2002, hails from Dallas, Texas. He gained recognition as the son of the NFL’s all-time leading rusher, ‘Emmitt Smith.’ Notably, in the year 2020, EJ Smith made a commitment to play college football at Stanford and has recently finalized the signing with the university.
There were five university caps on the table: Florida, Georgia, Stanford, Texas A & M, and Alabama. Patricia Southall’s son decided to choose one of these teams and expressed his wish to play for them. In response, his dad supported his son’s decision, stating that he has his own journey and can choose whatever he believes is the right path for himself.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
EJ Smith, born as Emmitt James IV Smith, is currently 17 years old (as of 2019). He is the son of the renowned football player, Emmitt Smith, and Patricia Southall, a former Miss Virginia USA beauty queen.
Regarding siblings, James has a brother named Elijah Alexander James and a sister named Skylar. Additionally, he has two stepsisters: Rheagen Smith from his dad’s side and Jasmine Page Lawrence from his mom’s side.
Based on our research into educational factors, we found that Smith attended Jesuit High School for his schooling. However, there is currently no available information regarding his subsequent studies or Alma mater. Presently, his primary focus is on his professional career.
Personal Life, Girlfriend & Spouse
Based on available reports, no information has surfaced about the young player’s personal affairs. He appears to be adept at maintaining his privacy, and if he has had any past relationships, they remain undisclosed. Any updates regarding a potential girlfriend will be provided in due course.
Emmitt James, being at a very young age, has no rush to enter into marriage. He prioritizes his profession over starting a family of his own, taking inspiration from his father’s example. Dedication to his goals in life drives him to work diligently and pursue his aspirations with fervor.
Some Lesser Known Facts about EJ Smith
- This football player has a soft corner towards animals and loves spending his free time with them.
- There was a huge probability that this young boy will join the Florida Gators by going to his father’s footsteps.
- Furthermore, Emmitt Smith’s son proved everyone wrong by joining the Stanford Cardinal.
- How tall: EJ Smith holds an excellent height of 5 feet 11 inches (180 cm) with a weight of 90 kg (199 lbs).
- His dad was having a previous relationship with Hope Wilson and has a daughter named ‘Rheagen’.
- Emmitt Smith is very supportive of his son and never pressurized him in decision making.
- Moreover, his mom also has a child, Jasmine from the previous husband Martin Lawrence.
- James also has good popularity on social media. His Instagram followers are increasing as the days are passing.
- This athlete also went through surgery in the past months which was successful.
- This guy loves traveling with family especially the places with waters are his favorite one.
- E.J. Smith from his football career managed to earn a self-sufficient Net Worth of $200k US Dollars. In addition to this, his dad has a net asset of $18 million US Dollars.