Norma Mngoma a prominent figure in South Africa, is recognized for her remarkable achievements in the IT industry, earning her the nickname “Mrs. Gigabytes.” Her expertise in the field has made her a leading woman personality in the country. Additionally, she has actively contributed to the creation of self-empowered communities in Africa, focusing on improving the lives of the underprivileged.
Norma, born on April 9, 1975, hails from the picturesque city of Durban in South Africa. At present, she is 45 years old. During her formative years, she attended a local school in Durban and later went on to complete her education at the city’s university.
During her childhood in Durban, Norma Mngoma displayed a high level of energy and received loving care from her parents. As she grew older, her passion for computer science led her to pursue education in IT as her major field of study.
- Height: 5 ft 7 in (170 cm).
- Weight: 57 kg (127 lbs).
- Hair color: Black.
- Eye color: Dark Brown.
- Body type: Hourglass.
- Sexuality: Straight.
Norma’s parental background remains undisclosed. She is known to be a mother of two children, Nkanyezi and Mvelo. Her husband, Malusa Gigaba, holds the esteemed position of the finance minister of South Africa.
The ethnicity of this entrepreneur is multiracial in nature.
Married Life, Spouse & Kids
In 2014, the philanthropist was married to Malusi Gigaba, who served as the South African finance minister. Unfortunately, their marriage was marred by unhappiness and numerous problems, which affected their children. Reports suggested that Malusi was involved in extramarital affairs and had deceived the businesswoman with his actions.
Norma Mngoma has been arrested, and a warrant has been issued against her by the Brooklyn police station. The arrest was made in connection with her allegedly scratching a Mercedes Benz G class car during a conflict, which also had a significant impact on the well-being of the children involved.
Malusi’s close association with his friend Peterson, who had a history of engaging in extramarital affairs, influenced him negatively. Being immersed in this unhealthy environment, Malusi became susceptible to its detrimental effects. Norma Mngoma, who was part of this social circle, forewarned about the potential consequences and expressed her frustration by scratching Peterson’s car in public.
Following this incident, Mngoma decided not to adopt her husband’s surname and instead chose to continue using her former parental surname, which she made known to the public through media channels. However, in light of this occasion, the accomplished woman received numerous death threats, delivered directly and without any prior warning.
Career & Net Worth
Malusi Gigaba emerged as a prominent politician within the African National Congress, showcasing his early involvement in both the South African congress and the Youth Congress of Africa. His political journey led him to secure a significant position in 2004, as he was elected to the Ministry of Home Affairs of South Africa.
Norma Mngoma embarked on her career by pursuing an IT degree from Wits University and quickly earned a reputation as a prominent figure in the IT industry. In 2010, she assumed the role of a business executive at Gijima Technology, where she demonstrated exceptional leadership and remained at the forefront of the company for a remarkable seven years.
Gijima holds a prominent position in the IT and communications industries in South Africa. It has gained recognition as a level two board black empowerment system and has been ranked among the top 20 most influential companies across all regions.
This company facilitated the implementation of infrastructure configuration and offered comprehensive management solutions to support the normalization of human cultures in South Africa.
The organization’s impact has been significant on the region, and the people have wholeheartedly embraced its optimizations. Technology has seamlessly integrated into their lives, and Norma’s contribution has played a crucial role in the company’s success, leading from the front.
Norma Mngoma, in addition to her other endeavors, established the Norma Gigaba Foundation, focusing on philanthropy. The foundation aims to provide support to underprivileged children facing adversity and poverty, helping them with their essential needs. Through this initiative, numerous South African youths have been empowered to pursue their careers and take charge of their lives, embracing opportunities for a fruitful future. As of 2020, Norma Mngoma’s net worth stands at $3 million US Dollars.
15 Random Facts about Norma Mngoma
- The foundation has been working since March 2015.
- She is currently leading the role 0f Fashion and Apparel Design in the Villoti fashion institute in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- The entrepreneur has 3100 followers in her Linkedin profile.
- Norma Mngoma also has 1M followers in her IG profile.
- This lady has won the CrowingOspela Award in November with great honor.
- The campaign of helping Norma has also got a website to keep all the updates of the recent happenings.
- She has also won the experience award for her experience in doing her role as manager at Gijima.
- Norma has also helped to craft incredible constructions through ger awesome ideas through technology.
- This businesswoman also likes to play pool in her leisure time.
- As a lady, she was visible on the cover page of the Fetch Your Life magazine.
- Her motivational ideas are widely recognized on her social platforms also.
- Norma Mngoma also likes to craft fashion garments with her own hands.
- She has a great looking for cocktails also.
- Her massive growth in the business world has been an example for women all over the world.
- Norma also loves playing the piano and it is one of the likeliest hobbies that she usually undergoes.